Urgent care… What is it?
It’s hard to tell when your sniffles and sore throat are just allergies, a cold, the flu or maybe COVID-19. But we’re here to care for you and help you feel better again. Even on the weekends.
So, when you unfortunately feel like you’re coming down with something, know that you can count on urgent care with a Village Health Partners or Village Pediatrics physician – any day of the week.
But what else can you use urgent care for, besides being sick? And what does urgent care even mean? Find the answers to all your questions (and more) below.
What is urgent care?
Urgent care is non-emergency care from a Village Health Partners or Village Pediatrics provider for concerns that you need to address… urgently. Simply, it’s care for when you’re sick and care for cuts, scratches, injuries and more that you’d want a physician to address.
When should I go to urgent care?
You should see a provider for urgent care if you have a health concern that can’t want to wait until your next appointment, but also for concerns that don’t require an expensive trip to the emergency room.
What can a provider help with at an urgent care appointment?
You’re in luck! Urgent care isn’t just in-person anymore. When you reach out to a friendly team member, ask about your telehealth options!
- Non-emergency allergies
- Colds, the flu and COVID-19
- Respiratory infections
- Sports injuries
- Falls, sprains and broken bones
- Ear infections
- Sore throats
- Urinary tract infections
- Vomiting and upset stomach
- Minor scratches, cuts and burns
- … and more!
If you have other health concerns you want addressed at urgent care, text us! A friendly team member will help guide you on making the right appointment and can help you decide if you need a telehealth or in-person appointment.
- Legacy Medical Village (469) 382-3807
- Independence Medical Village (469) 382-3548
- McKinney Medical Village (469) 382-3717
- Frisco Medical Village (469) 382-3415
Why should I get urgent care at Village Health Partners?
There are many benefits to seeing a provider at your primary care office!
- You’re seeing a Village Health Partners or Village Pediatrics provider. If you can’t see your family physician, you’ll still be able to see a provider they work with every day. And you can feel comfortable knowing that your urgent care provider is also focused on your whole-person wellness.
- All your medical records will be in one place. This means your urgent care provider will have access to your medical history, medical records, and prescriptions, so you won’t need to worry about forgetting one of your medications or leaving something off your family history. Your primary care physician will also have notes from your visit and can follow up with you through the patient portal.
- It can save you money! You won’t have any surprise emergency room fees at your urgent care visit.
- If you need a referral, many times it can be done in the same building! Most of our locations offer lab work, imaging, and more, all under the same roof.
- Some concerns can be addressed through telehealth! You can use the portal you’re already familiar with to virtually visit with a provider.
- If you are already a patient at Village Health Partners or Village Pediatrics, it also means no additional new patient forms!
When does Village Health Partners offer urgent care hours?
Urgent care is offered during regular business hours Monday through Friday. Weekend urgent care hours are:
- Saturdays, 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Sundays, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
We pride ourselves in providing access to care and are usually able to see patients for same-day and next-day appointments.
Do you need urgent care? Text us at your preferred below to schedule an appointment.
- West Plano Medical Village: Text (469) 382-4891
- Independence Medical Village: Text (469) 382-3548
- McKinney Medical Village: Text (469) 382-3717
- Frisco Medical Village: Text (469) 382-3415
- Village Pediatrics in Plano: Text or call (214) 473-2200
- Village Pediatrics in Frisco: Text (972) 525-7381
Regardless of the date published, no content on this website should ever be used as a replacement for direct medical advice from your primary care provider or another qualified clinician.