Your guide to a telehealth visit
Telehealth visits let you connect with your family physician from the safety and comfort of home.
While we may not be new to telehealth, we know it might be a little different if it’s your first (or even second or third) time seeing your physician virtually.
Here’s what you need to know to prepare for your upcoming telehealth appointment:
- You will receive the following communications to help you prepare for your telehealth visit. Five days before your appointment, you’ll receive an appointment reminder text. One day before, you’ll receive another reminder along with helpful information about telehealth visits. You’ll receive this same information again in another text two hours before your appointment. If you need assistance, you can reply to any of these texts and we can guide you through the process. A team member may also reach out to you prior to your appointment time to make sure all of your medical information is up to date.
- Are you a new patient? If you are a brand new patient, or if you have never accessed the patient portal, you will receive an email with instructions on how to set up your patient portal on the day you schedule your appointment. Please keep an eye out for this email, and check your junk or spam folder to make sure you don’t miss it.
- Your visit takes place through the patient portal or Healow App. This is how you enter our virtual waiting room! From there, your primary care physician will connect with you, just like an in-office visit! Click here to access your patient portal through your computer.
- We’re going to ask you for your vitals. When you join the visit, you will be asked to enter information like your height, weight and temperature.
- If we’re having technical issues connecting with you, we’ll call you. If we can’t get into contact with you through the patient portal, your family physician will give you a call! You can also message your physician from the patient portal, and they can help you from there.
- We’ll call you to check out! Just like an in-person appointment, when you’re done visiting with your primary care physician, someone will call you to officially check out. They can even help you schedule your next appointment!
- You can follow up through the patient portal. Do you still have a question? Or do you need to see the results for any tests? You can do all of this through the patient portal!
If you have other questions about telehealth, frequently asked questions can be found here.
You can use the following resources to help you get started. For a step-by-step guide on how to get started on both your computer or your Healow App, click here.
The video below explains how to access your appointment through the patient portal: