Your guide to an in-office visit
Whether it’s time for your annual physical or you’ve been putting off getting that one thing checked out by your primary care physician, we’re excited to see you in person again. We know it’s been a while.
We want you to know that your in-person visit with your family physician looks a little different than before the coronavirus.
Here’s what you need to know before your next visit:
- You’ll receive a confirmation text. It’ll ask you for a photo of both sides of your insurance card so we can make your check-in process fast and easy.
Note: If you’ve sent a photo of your insurance card recently, you don’t need to send another photo.
- Appointment reminders: You’ll receive an appointment reminder five days and one day before your appointment. The texts will remind you of your appointment date and time as well as the provider you’re seeing. It’ll also ask you to bring a mask and give you any other information that will make your appointment easier.
- You’ll receive a text one hour before your appointment. We’re going to ask you some questions about COVID-19 symptoms to keep you, other patients and our team members safe. After answering those questions, you’ll receive a text with further instructions.
- Stay in your car and text us when you’re here. Your car is the new waiting room! We’re trying to keep you safe and distanced from others, so we ask that you stay in your car when you arrive. When you arrive, text “Arrived” to the same number you’ve been receiving texts from. Please stay in your car until you receive a text letting you know that we are ready for you to come inside.
You can find the text number for your location below:
Legacy Medical Village: (469) 382-3807
Independence Medical Village: (469) 382-3548
McKinney Medical Village: (469) 382-3717
Frisco Medical Village: (469) 382-3415
- Please bring your mask. Masks are required in all Village Health Partners locations. We’re trying to prevent the spread of COVID-19, so please wear a face covering!
- Your medical assistant will take your temperature and walk you to your exam room. Don’t worry about touching door handles, we’ll open all doors for you! If we need any forms from you, you will be asked to complete those once you are inside. If your insurance needs to be updated, we will collect your card when you go upstairs.
- Payment. We will collect payment over the phone via credit card for self-pay, copay, balances, etc. Please avoid cash and check if possible.
All of these changes have been implemented to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Together, we can make a difference and make sure this is safe for everyone.
Village Health Partners president and primary care physician Dr. Albracht walks you through how your visit will look in the video below: