Whether it’s time for your annual physical or you’ve been putting off getting that one thing checked out by your primary care physician, we’re excited to see you in person again. We know it’s been a while.
We want you to know that your in-person visit with your family physician looks a little different than before the coronavirus.
Here’s what you need to know before your next visit:
- Appointment reminders: You can expect the following emails and texts before your appointment. Two days before your visit, you will receive a reminder by text. This will include a URL that you are welcome to click to learn more about what to expect! The day before your appointment, you will receive a text with instructions regarding your appointment.
- We’re going to call you the day of your appointment. Your medical assistant will call you to go over your medical history, medications and anything else, just like you do at the beginning of your appointment. If you’re not feeling well or have any COVID-19 symptoms, we’ll reschedule your appointment as a telehealth visit. You’ll get the same care from your primary physician during a telehealth visit from the comfort and convenience of home!
- Stay in your car and text us when you’re here. Your car is the new waiting room! We’re trying to keep you safe and distanced from others, so we ask that you stay in your car when you arrive. When you arrive, text the number for your location to let us know when you have arrived. Please stay in your car until you receive a text letting you know that we are ready for you to come inside.
Legacy Medical Village: (972) 934-5549
Independence Medical Village: (469) 609-1324
McKinney Medical Village: (469) 296-5210
Frisco Medical Village: (972) 440-5578
- Please bring your mask. Masks are required in all Village Health Partners locations. We’re trying to keep you, other patients and our team members safe, so please wear a face covering!
- Your medical assistant will take your temperature and walk you to your exam room. Don’t worry about touching door handles, we’ll open all doors for you! If you have any forms that are needed, you will be asked to complete those once you are inside. If your insurance needs to be updated, we will collect your card when you go upstairs.
- Payment. We will collect payment over the phone via credit card for self-pay, copay, balances, etc.. Please avoid cash and check if possible.
All of these changes have been implemented to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Together, we can make sure this is safe for everyone.
Village Health Partners president and primary care physician Dr. Albracht walks you through how your visit will look in the video below: