A women’s well-check exam is the best way to maintain an overall healthy lifestyle and catch or prevent certain medical conditions and diseases that may arise. These annual check-ups, offered by the family doctors of Plano Village Health Partners, include breast exams, heart and lung screening, a cholesterol screening, skin screenings, pap smears, and bone-mineral density screenings. Additionally, basic lab and urine screenings can also be conducted. Furthermore, patients can choose particular gynecology and wellness services depending on their needs, including STD testing, fertility evaluation and any physician-ordered bloodwork. The Plano, TX family doctors at Village Health Partners will also look at high or low blood pressure and other screenings to monitor whether medication or a diet change is necessary.
What is included?
Annual health check-ups are strongly recommended and can include any or all of the following preventative tests:
- Breast exams should take place annually from age 20, and mammograms should be received annually from age 40.
- Heart health can be monitored during your regular annual check-up. A cholesterol screening should be taken in your early twenties then repeated every 5 years until the age of 45. If you have a cholesterol level over 200, have a family history of heart disease or are 45 and older, annual cholesterol screenings are recommended.
- Annual skin screenings are important for early detection of melanoma, the second most common cancer for women. If you are at high risk based on lifestyle, personal medical history or skin conditions, mole and freckle screenings are recommended twice a year.
- Pap smears are recommended every 1-2 years from age 21 depending on lifestyle and personal health history.
- Bone-mineral density screenings should begin at age 65 and reoccur every 5 years afterward to diagnose and manage the risk of osteoporosis.
"Dr. Albracht is my doctor and I am so happy he will be moving to the new Frisco location when it opens; much closer to where I live. He is absolutely THE BEST DOCTOR YOU WILL EVER FIND!!!!! Very intelligent, listens to your every question and answers them all. Very compassionate!!"- K.D. / Google / May 27, 2021
"Shelley is great. I've been a patient of hers for a few months now and she has been great. The app they use to send messages has been great and her response time is fantastic."- Anonymous / Healthgrades / May 26, 2021
"Dr. Liane Libel is So AMAZING, and this was my first time in her office. I was nervous, but the staff was so welcoming with Smiles. When I meet Dr. Kibel she was very concerned, helpful, and so polite with my health concerns. I live in Fort Worth I will definitely be a Forever Patient ❤️"- A.J. / Google / May 25, 2021
"This office is extremely busy yet very organized. I was there to request some records and the woman at one of the check in windows (I apologize for not remembering her name) was very polite and informed me that she was unable to help me with what I needed. However, she directed me very quickly through a door where I met with a gentleman named James who was not only polite and efficient he went above and beyond to provide me with all of the information I needed and he also helped me with instructions on how to access the portal. My experience there was very quick and pleasant. Thank you to those two people I encountered there, your service was remarkable."- M.C. / Google / May 25, 2021
"If you appreciate a Dr. that actually takes the time to listen and get to know you, this is the one for you. She's kind, explains things really well, and gives great advice. It's so rare to find doctors that don't rush you in and out. I almost don't want to post this so that she doesn't get busier...lol"- E.J. / Google / May 13, 2021
Common Health Issues
Healthy Tips for Women
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle with balanced nutrition and regular exercise are important factors for overall wellness. Our Plano doctors also recommend:
- Take a daily women’s multivitamin that includes calcium and iron. Calcium help maintains bone density, and iron can prevent anemia. Recommended daily values vary based on age and pregnancy.
- Protect your skin. Wear sunscreen and preventative clothing outdoors.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking can cause health problems like lung cancer and fertility issues.
- Heart disease is the number one cause of death for women. Help your heart by de-stressing, exercising regularly and limiting salt intake.
Make Wellness a Priority
Our medical practice houses some of the top women’s health specialists. We want to prevent any unforeseen medical conditions as well as tackle any diagnosis, which is why we recommend annual women’s wellness check-ups. Our medical team is to guide patients through developing a healthier lifestyle and overall wellness.
Plan Your Visit
- Average Procedure Time
- 1 Hour
What Women Can Do To Take Charge of Their Health
Have you wondered what the most important things are women can do to be healthier? Learn what actions you can take and the importance of each one!Read
What is primary care?
Primary care is a vital part of healthcare! Learn what your primary care physician does to help you achieve whole-person wellness.Read
A Message From Our President
While your patient experience may look different during this time, please know that we are making all decisions to prioritize your safety and care.Read
Introducing price transparency
Welcome to a better kind of healthcare where you'll never have to wonder what your appointments, procedures and treatments will cost.Read