A women’s well-check exam is the best way to maintain an overall healthy lifestyle and catch or prevent certain medical conditions and diseases that may arise. These annual check-ups, offered by the family doctors of Plano Village Health Partners, include breast exams, heart and lung screening, a cholesterol screening, skin screenings, pap smears, and bone-mineral density screenings. Additionally, basic lab and urine screenings can also be conducted. Furthermore, patients can choose particular gynecology and wellness services depending on their needs, including STD testing, fertility evaluation and any physician-ordered bloodwork. The Plano, TX family doctors at Village Health Partners will also look at high or low blood pressure and other screenings to monitor whether medication or a diet change is necessary.
What is included?
Annual health check-ups are strongly recommended and can include any or all of the following preventative tests:
- Breast exams should take place annually from age 20, and mammograms should be received annually from age 40.
- Heart health can be monitored during your regular annual check-up. A cholesterol screening should be taken in your early twenties then repeated every 5 years until the age of 45. If you have a cholesterol level over 200, have a family history of heart disease or are 45 and older, annual cholesterol screenings are recommended.
- Annual skin screenings are important for early detection of melanoma, the second most common cancer for women. If you are at high risk based on lifestyle, personal medical history or skin conditions, mole and freckle screenings are recommended twice a year.
- Pap smears are recommended every 1-2 years from age 21 depending on lifestyle and personal health history.
- Bone-mineral density screenings should begin at age 65 and reoccur every 5 years afterward to diagnose and manage the risk of osteoporosis.
"Great Dr! Close by"- A.K. / Google / Mar 05, 2021
"Dr. Gothard and the entire staff at Village Health are wonderful. I have been a patient for over 5 years and Dr. G is caring, professional and thorough. I always feel I have his full attention. I have never had a problem with making appointments or in urgent situations getting Dr. G or one of his staff to promptly follow up, including when I send messages via the Patient Portal. I highly recommend Dr. Gothard and Village Health."- J.M. / Healthgrades / Feb 10, 2021
"I have been long time patient at Village Health (the one on Independence). Once my doc announced she was leaving, I decided to find new one at the VH location closer to home and that is how i came to see Dr Moon. Just had my second visit with him and I have to say i am very impressed with him and my care so far. I think i finally found a doctor who is interested in helping me improve, not just manage my health! Nice to see doctor who looks in you in the eye and not just behind the laptop taking notes!"- J.K. / Google / Feb 08, 2021
"I am a first time patient for Dr. John Moon and I will say this I was definitely indeed impressed by his expertise and after about 5 minutes of meeting him I knew I made the right choice selecting him as my health physician. One of the problems I came in there to see him for he immediately already had a general idea of what it was as soon as I started describing it to him. If you need a new health physician I highly recommend Dr. John Moon. I am proud to have him as my health physician. Thank you Dr. Moon, see you at the next appointment"- L.C. / Google / Feb 02, 2021
"Used to give this office 5 stars and have been going here for years. Still some great docs but many (such as dr Nguy) value $ over patient care. Truly a shame. Asked office to make billing issue right- never heard back. Too bad as they have a few great doctors."- F.D. / Google / Feb 02, 2021
Common Health Issues
Healthy Tips for Women
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle with balanced nutrition and regular exercise are important factors for overall wellness. Our Plano doctors also recommend:
- Take a daily women’s multivitamin that includes calcium and iron. Calcium help maintains bone density, and iron can prevent anemia. Recommended daily values vary based on age and pregnancy.
- Protect your skin. Wear sunscreen and preventative clothing outdoors.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking can cause health problems like lung cancer and fertility issues.
- Heart disease is the number one cause of death for women. Help your heart by de-stressing, exercising regularly and limiting salt intake.
Make Wellness a Priority
Our medical practice houses some of the top women’s health specialists. We want to prevent any unforeseen medical conditions as well as tackle any diagnosis, which is why we recommend annual women’s wellness check-ups. Our medical team is to guide patients through developing a healthier lifestyle and overall wellness.
Plan Your Visit
- Average Procedure Time
- 1 Hour
A Message From Our President
While your patient experience may look different during this time, please know that we are making all decisions to prioritize your safety and care.Read
Introducing price transparency
Welcome to a better kind of healthcare where you'll never have to wonder what your appointments, procedures and treatments will cost.Read