A women’s well-check exam is the best way to maintain an overall healthy lifestyle and catch or prevent certain medical conditions and diseases that may arise. These annual check-ups, offered by the family doctors of Plano Village Health Partners, include breast exams, heart and lung screening, a cholesterol screening, skin screenings, pap smears, and bone-mineral density screenings. Additionally, basic lab and urine screenings can also be conducted. Furthermore, patients can choose particular gynecology and wellness services depending on their needs, including STD testing, fertility evaluation and any physician-ordered bloodwork. The Plano, TX family doctors at Village Health Partners will also look at high or low blood pressure and other screenings to monitor whether medication or a diet change is necessary.
What is included?
Annual health check-ups are strongly recommended and can include any or all of the following preventative tests:
- Breast exams should take place annually from age 20, and mammograms should be received annually from age 40.
- Heart health can be monitored during your regular annual check-up. A cholesterol screening should be taken in your early twenties then repeated every 5 years until the age of 45. If you have a cholesterol level over 200, have a family history of heart disease or are 45 and older, annual cholesterol screenings are recommended.
- Annual skin screenings are important for early detection of melanoma, the second most common cancer for women. If you are at high risk based on lifestyle, personal medical history or skin conditions, mole and freckle screenings are recommended twice a year.
- Pap smears are recommended every 1-2 years from age 21 depending on lifestyle and personal health history.
- Bone-mineral density screenings should begin at age 65 and reoccur every 5 years afterward to diagnose and manage the risk of osteoporosis.
"Dr. Woolbert is the first physician I've had that didn't rush thru appointments. She is genuine and actually cares. Not once have I felt like a number with Dr. Woolbert. Love her!"- R.P. / Google / Dec 04, 2020
"Dr GOTHARD has been our doctor since 2012. He is really committed to making sure that we are getting the best care we can. He is accessible anytime we want his he’ll, is very prompt to answer all the questions we might have. We are very glad he is there to take care of us."- F.J. / Google / Nov 24, 2020
"NP Rady and the nurse by the name of Samantha really made my visit today welcoming. After going through many trials and tribulations with previous doctors, they assured me that I chose the right place. NP Rady has excellent bedside manner and is very knowledgeable. Took her time to really listen to me and apply a thorough assessment and an immediate plan of action. Exactly what I needed."- K.K. / Google / Nov 21, 2020
"The phone systems and billing department are a sham.. Luckily the medical staff makes up for it...the ones I see, anyway."- B.K. / Yelp / Nov 19, 2020
"Dr Wien and his staff are very organized and the visit was great."- L.J. / Google / Nov 13, 2020
Common Health Issues
Healthy Tips for Women
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle with balanced nutrition and regular exercise are important factors for overall wellness. Our Plano doctors also recommend:
- Take a daily women’s multivitamin that includes calcium and iron. Calcium help maintains bone density, and iron can prevent anemia. Recommended daily values vary based on age and pregnancy.
- Protect your skin. Wear sunscreen and preventative clothing outdoors.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking can cause health problems like lung cancer and fertility issues.
- Heart disease is the number one cause of death for women. Help your heart by de-stressing, exercising regularly and limiting salt intake.
Make Wellness a Priority
Our medical practice houses some of the top women’s health specialists. We want to prevent any unforeseen medical conditions as well as tackle any diagnosis, which is why we recommend annual women’s wellness check-ups. Our medical team is to guide patients through developing a healthier lifestyle and overall wellness.
Plan Your Visit
- Average Procedure Time
- 1 Hour
A Message From Our President
While your patient experience may look different during this time, please know that we are making all decisions to prioritize your safety and care.Read
Introducing price transparency
Welcome to a better kind of healthcare where you'll never have to wonder what your appointments, procedures and treatments will cost.Read